Should You Hire a Locksmith to Rekey Your House?
If no new holes are needed in the door or door jamb, replacing a handset is a fairly straightforward, DIY job.
A properly locked door is your first line of defense against intruders. Of course, that defense is not very reliable if you’re not sure who has keys to those locks.
There are many reasons for changing a lock, including:
- You’ve just moved into your house.
- You’ve lost a key.
- Your house has been broken into.
- Your purse has been stolen, and your keys were in it.
- Your current lock is worn and temperamental.
- Your current lock is builder’s grade, and you want something more substantial.
- You want to be able to use the same key to open all the doors in your house.
- You’ve lost track of which contractors, service people and neighbors have keys to your house.
The difficulty of changing or replacing a lock varies from job to job. If no new holes are needed in the door or door jamb, replacing a handset is a fairly straightforward, DIY job.
Read The Article Here